Monday, August 13, 2012

Daddy Skills

As you may have gleaned from my silence, I have been on vacation!

Well, sort of. I think before I had a kid--and before I had the nebulous career of online writing teacher--vacation meant something a little different. I have just, almost, about, finished my final grades for the semester, but for the past two weeks I've been working, albeit in a beautiful setting (coastal Maine). Which is kind of like vacation but not quite. And of course, being on vacation with your three-year-old is kind of like vacation with an early daily wake-up call. I can't complain. I have been with my parents, who have gotten up with L. approximately three out of five mornings, and have watched him while I've been working. And here in New England we're surrounded by uncles and aunts and cousins, all of whom have been amazingly helpful. That proverbial village! Best of all, the Papa of the operation has just joined us!

In that vein, I'll keep this short. B. sent me this rap by the same people who did "It's Gettin' Real in the Whole Foods Parking Lot." It's about Dadding, and it made me laugh. Enjoy.





Love,

Susie

No comments: